The purpose of University of the Cumberlands' School of Education is to develop entry level education students into highly qualified, knowledgeable and caring teachers. Acknowledging that all children can learn, the School of Education's responsibility is to provide training and experiences using best practices for teacher education candidates.
- To offer undergraduate programs based upon a strong liberal arts background and to foster both reflective and critical thinking skills. The ultimate goal of the School of Education is to develop entry level education students into highly qualified, knowledgeable and caring teachers who provide for diverse learners.
- To provide students with the pedagogical instructional methods necessary to meet the Kentucky Teacher Standards and University of the Cumberlands' Standards.
- To develop each student's abilities to critically reflect and assess their skills, thereby providing the opportunity for growth.
- To continue to both foster and develop appreciation and refinement of ethical and Christian moral values in future teachers.
- To develop oral, written and information literacy skills.
- To provide a high quality, affordable, on-line education to non-traditional Twenty-First Century Teacher Candidates.