"Enrolling in the University of the Cumberlands’ MBA program was a rewarding and valuable investment ..."Read More >
The Nursing - RN-BSN program mission, purposes (goals) vision and philosophy reflect the University of Cumberlands (UC)’s mission and vision:
UC continues to offer promising students of all backgrounds a broad-based liberal arts program enriched with Christian values. The University strives for excellence in all of its endeavors and expects from students a similar dedication to this pursuit. Its commitment to a strong academic program is joined with a commitment to a strong work ethic. UC encourages students to think critically and creatively so that they may better prepare themselves for lives of responsible service and leadership. This focus of its undergraduate programs is extended and extrapolated into its graduate programs. These programs also nurture critical and creative thinking in pursuit of the “life-more-abundant” for both the individual and society. At UC, graduate study prepares professionals to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision making in the pursuit of the life-more-abundant for both the individual and society.
Our mission is to provide accessible and innovative higher education to shape the profession of nursing and the health care environment by developing leaders in education, research, and practice.
The purposes of the RN-BSN program are to:
1. Analyze clinical judgments to determine the most appropriate nursing response.
2. Individualize communication in designing, coordinating, documenting, and evaluating effective nursing care.
3. Integrate research and evidence-based practice to design nursing care for individuals, families, groups and communities.
4. Incorporate both contemporary technology and leadership strategies to improve health care.
5. Recognize how the components of diversity impact health and heath care allowing for the delivery of culturally sensitive care to diverse populations.
6. Impact health care systems and policies to foster nursing roles and interdisciplinary collaboration in health promotion and disease management.
7. Demonstrate a commitment to advanced study and lifelong learning.
The vision of the Nursing RN-BSN program is that the faculty, focusing on the application of clinical reasoning, research, evidence-based practice, collaboration and leadership skills, produces graduates that are prepared to become leaders in the nursing profession in a variety of settings including hospitals, ambulatory care centers, health service organizations, community health care settings, long-term care and rehabilitative settings, research centers, case management and political / legislative settings.
The core values of the Nursing RN-BSN program are caring, diversity, integrity, leadership, collaboration, respect, and excellence. The values are defined as follows:
The Bachelor of Science in Health Science-Nursing at University of the Cumberlands is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.