In order to complete the admissions process for the Psy.D. program in Clinical Psychology, you’ll need the following materials:
- Completed Application
- Completed Essay
- In 500 words or less, please state your purpose in pursuing the Psy.D. program in Clinical Psychology at University of the Cumberlands. Please include your name and/or ID # upon submission. Essay must display strong writing skills and a good rationale for why the prospective student is interested in pursuing a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Official Transcripts
- Must be issued and received directly from ALL degree granting colleges and universities.
- Copies of any license(s) or certificate(s) in the mental health field (e.g., LPA, LPP, LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, etc.)
- Application Fee $30
- Documentation of language fluency (i.e., TOEFL or IELTS – if applicable)
- Three (3) completed recommendation forms
- Forms must be completed by past professors or supervisors of your professional work who can objectively evaluate your overall capability to succeed in the program.
- Forms should include information about your academic preparation and/or professional orientation and experience.
- If you have previous graduate study, one form MUST be completed by an instructor in that program.
- Resume or CV
- GRE scores (completed in the past 5 years). A combined verbal and quantitative score of 300 or above is strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Undergraduate major in psychology (preferred) OR at least 12 hours of undergraduate coursework in psychology
- Completion of an interview with the program Admissions Committee
Fill out the form on this page to learn more about our Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology program. Our representatives can answer any additional questions you might have.